Monday, February 9, 2009

Spring is coming....

This past weekend was so wonderful. The sun was out, the temperature was just right, the breeze was just right......it was a wonderful weekend. I spent most of my weekend outside.....however, we were able to finish watching a movie and started another one. It usually takes us a couple of nights to watch one.

The new puppy loves to chew and drag stuff in the yard that he finds somewhere. So, I was trying to get things put up, cleaned.....and playing with all the dogs, Black dog, Baby, Blue and Sassy. My friend, Lee Laurie of A Southern Rose was babysitting her grandson, Jason, and I helped her with him. He is a handsome little man. Visit her post...she put some pictures of him on there.







The plum trees and the daffodils must not believe the ole German superstition about the groundhog or they miss seeing it on the news! Ha. Mother nature knows..... We have several plums trees that have started budding out and blooming. I love daffodils. We call them "old folk flowers" because you will see them around ole home places. They grow along the roadside also. I was in the backyard working, lunch was cooking on the stove, it's aroma was awesome and as I was going up the steps to the patio......I had the strongest memory of being at my Maw Maw Zachs as a little kid....I guess I could call it a feeling.....I had a lot of fun times there.

As I get older, I appreciate things more, God's beauty of the outdoors, family, friends...love ones....the little things. I often say, take care of the little things and the big things will fall into place.
I will put more pictures of flowers in time......





4 comments:

Judith said...

now you're making me jealous!! :) I can't wait for my daffs to appear. Judith

Lori said...

Oooh, I can't wait until spring! :)

Deanna said...

Sheer poetry....oh those lovely flowers! Love, love love daffodils!

Hey, don't forget...if you managed to get a picture of your pink tie send it to me at my email addy. I'm going to do pink clothing and the like for next week's Pink Saturday. Give my Lee Laurie a big Texas sized hug for me!

Your pal,
Deanna :D

Deanna said...

Hey, you're a Snapdragon!!!

I just visited a blog where the owner was a Nasturnium. Makes me wonder about how people answered the questions! LOL!

Deanna :D