Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Karate Kid......met her match....












Hailey is taking karate lessons and this is her in her Gee. She loves doing anything and everything outside. She is not one to sit inside and watch tv or play video games all day. She is very active. She loves to play soccer, going fishing, target shooting, climbing trees, building forts, making fires...and just plain good ole time playing outside. She and her friend Garrett (Lee Laurie from asouthernrose.blogspot.com's son) will play outside all day long. We have to make them come inside to eat. When Hailey starts to get hot, her face will turn as red as a beet..she gets this from her grandmother, Kacki. Well, last Sunday she was at her friend Erin's house playing on a trampoline. I received a call from Hailey's mom saying they were on their way to the hospital...they think that Hailey has broken her leg. I could hear Hailey crying in the background saying, "Hurry Daddy, I love you!" over and over and over. I can not think of anything in this world that could have stopped me from going to her. Sure enough, she did break her leg and may I say did a fine job....at least when one of my kids mess up....they do it right. LOL She broke both lower bones in her left leg about 5 inches above her ankle. They put her leg in a split so we could keep ice on it for a few days to help fight the swelling. When the doctor started explaining what could/might happen...blah,blah, blah....they will scare the heck out of you, imagine being the 11 year old he is talking about. Anyway, when we got her to her mother's house, Garrett had to come over and check on her. He was upset seeing her hurting like she was...she kept telling him..it's ok....it's ok. We went this past Wednesday and got a hard cast put on. It goes from her toes all the way up to her booty. It is orange...her favorite color. It was hard being there and seeing her hurt like that and not being able to do anything....except wish it was me on the table and not her...not my Hailey Bailey. And, it is official now...she is the Queen Diva!! She fit in the role way too easy, letting everyone wait on her. She is having a time getting around and still hurting a good bit. She is having to go to physical therapy. I know it is hard on her...having to stay inside. She does have her puppy, Maggie a miniture dachshund that she got for Christmas to keep her company. I don't know how long it will before she can start going outside and probably even longer before she starts back with karate lessons. So take it from us, trampolines can be fun and dangerous. I broke my ole bosses' nose on ours one night a few years ago and we ended up in the ER. All, I will say is wine, 30 year old boys and a trampoline....spells trouble!



3 comments:

A Southern Rose said...

Poor Hailey! I feel so bad for her! I'm glad that I was able to go with you to the Emergency room. I know that she was in a lot of pain. I hope that she will be able to get up and around with her crutches soon. I know that she misses playing outside. Maybe we can get her outside some this week end.

The Muse said...

Oh no poor girl! Speedy recovery wishes being sent her way!

nannie said...

Hailey I hope you are back on your feet before you know it. I know how you love to be outdoors. Steve you have to post a picture of that ORANGE CAST !!!!!!!!!!! I know you had a few scared moments there but thank goodness everything turned out ok.I can imagine a bottle of wine and couple of 30 year old men on a trampoline ,too. (trying to show the kids how to jump,right?)
Tell Tyler I will call before we come to town to make sure he is off the road. You know we use to tell Kaila that al the time. Miss all of you and hope to see you soon.SIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!