Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Never know where you might see us........

We were going to a rental storage unit to look for some things Lee needed to decorate her booth at the vendor's market. They were having a contest on cutest booth and the competitiveness came out in Lee. We got some stuff out of storage and a few things to put in trash. Well, you can see what happened next. Lee saw the clothes hamper and curiousity got the better of her. She was at that moment "a dumpster diving diva"......just as beautiful as always though.(She normally, doesn't dumpster dive...really)


I saw the optune time to work on my photography skills. I grabbed the camera and she dared me to take a picture....actually threatened bodily harm if I did. I told her we could always delete...hee hee heeee. How do you like the shirt she was wearing?

She was finding some cool stuff....right? She was on her tip toes, neck stretched out trying to see over the sides.....beautiful!! I think we....I mean....she put more stuff in the truck than we put in the trash bin. Deanna, I wish you could have seen the smile on her face, everytime I snapped a picture her smile just got bigger and bigger. And I think you would be next to her hunting. And another thing.....we were on one of the busiest little roads in the county.....in my truck.....hard to miss my truck because I have a personalized tag with my last name on it....duh.....mental note, borrow neighbors truck next time we go to storage.... Anyway, as people were driving by, I just had to start waving and smiling...."Hey, this is Stevie and Lee.....they probably thought...hey that is my banker, man, things must be bad"....I could hear cell phones going off...."I saw Stevie and Lee getting stuff out the dumpster".... Didn't bother my Lee though....she filled her arm a couple of times. I was begging her to come on....baby, let's go....people are seeing us....they are going to be calling....please, just let's go.
She would say, "just one more minute, babe"....now for those of you that don't know....one more minute in Lee's time is a minimum of a half hour. I ain't playing...for real....and if she is on the computer blogging....it is about one and a half hours. She got her loot and was headed back to the truck when she a magazine caught her eye.....that she thought I would like to.....uh...read.

I told her I didn't need it, because she was prettier than any picture in that magazine. All in all, we survived.....got some cool stuff.....we both were laughing about it then and even later that night we were laughing....and wondering who all saw us....oh well, we had fun and I will never....and I do mean never, will forget the day we went dumpster diving. I can see the smile on Lee's face and hear the happiness and laughter in her voice. The old saying still stands true today.....one man's trash is another man's treasure!!

It is little moments like this, that we will always remember and talk about in years to come. We are blessed to have shared many fun moments together and looking forward to having many many more together.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dumpster diving.. ain't grand. Getting the something for nothing shakes knowing it's there just waiting on you.. heheh... good for you!!

A Southern Rose said...

That was fun! I wish the hamper would not have been torn up! I had plans for that thing! It was gonna be turned into shabby chic! Oh well...I'm glad that you didn't post that bumper sticker that I found for Tyler on here!

Deanna said...

Well you are right buddy but I would have been INSIDE the dumpster chucking things out to Lee...hee hee hee!! I need to post all of my recent pick ups from the discarted boxes left on peoples lawns here in S.A. You can cruise around a neighborhood and take stuff out of boxes that the owners have put out by the curb. Of course, I only cruise around the swanky neighborhoods...LOL!!

Your buddy,
Deanna :D

Marie said...

Loved that! Sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

HEY>...... HEY YOU..... WHERE YOU HIDING?????


Haven't heard or seen anything from you lately. Let us know your still here!!